Thursday, January 10, 2013

Writing A Novel: I'm Not The Only Writer In My Family


This blog is mainly about my writing and my projects, but I'm not the only author in my family. I'm surrounded by many talented people who challenge and inspire me.

My dad also has a science fiction/historical novel up on Amazon called The Lincoln Exchange. It's actually a two-part story, but is a quick read. I'm not a huge fan of alternative history, but read this because, well, he's my dad ... and ended up LOVING his story! Seriously, I was very impressed, both with his writing and with the execution of the plot. He includes so many details and everything ties together in the end. As you can see from the reviews on Amazon, others agree. Now he just has to put his book on Kindle and he'll be all set...

Speaking of alternative history, my husband Jon is working on a series of short stories about Haiti. I'm not going to list them all, but here's one that was published in Lacuna Magazine and here's another. He eventually plans to put them together in an anthology. Meanwhile, he's working on a full-length novel about ancient Minoans called THE BULL AND THE DOLPHIN. He's written a draft and is currently revising it, and will then decide where to place and market his work. Again, this isn't a genre I usually read, but Jon's writing pulls you right into the story.

As for actual history, my cousin Rachael is a personal historian who writes people's biographies. The books that she puts together for her clients are beautiful and her genuine care for her clients come through. You can read more about her work at Life Stories Today.

As you can see I have plenty of people to turn to when I need help with my own writing. I'm so proud to have such creative family members!

Please read and review REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD, 4.5 stars on Amazon, now just 99 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment