Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Publishing With KDP Select: You're My Obsession


Sorry for the slow blogging. I've actually been busy writing guest blog posts for my upcoming virtual book tour. My VBT kicks off on October 31, so stay tuned for more information!

Meanwhile, I think that the free Kindle book promotion has ruined me. During my two freebie days, it was so much fun to see my book's numbers rise. It got to the point where I was checking in every two minutes to see how many people had downloaded BAND GEEK.

And now I'm still checking in. Unfortunately, my stats have slowed down considerably and it's just not as much fun to head to the page. But yet I keep checking in to see if anyone has bought or reviewed my book. I feel like a crazy person who's repeating her actions over and over again.

I think that I keep looking at my stats because this is still very new to me. When I first set up my jewelry store on Etsy, I'd check in all of the time, but I now only click on that page a couple of times a day. I'm still not used to seeing my book on Amazon, though, so it remains a novelty.

I'd like to think that I will never get used to getting good reviews; that it will always be exciting to hear that someone likes my work. So for now, I'll continue to obsess over my stats and enjoy every increase and new review.

Please read and review REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD, now only 99 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment