Thursday, October 25, 2012

Writing The NEXT Novel


Now that BAND GEEK has found its home on Amazon, I'm thinking about my next book. It's been difficult to get into that frame of mind, because I've been so caught up in BAND GEEK's release and promotion. But the best way to succeed as a writer is to keep on writing. I have many more ideas for stories and am excited about actually putting them into print.

Right now, I'm still in the outline stage of Book No. 2. I can't say too much about it at this point except that it's going to focus on the friendship between a straight girl and a gay guy -- kind of like a younger Will & Grace. Josh and Melinda have a traditional romantic love story in BAND GEEK, but this is going to be a different sort of love story -- a platonic one.

I have my main characters' names and basic personalities down and I have some ideas for a working title and plot. The trick is now putting it all together ... and then editing, editing, editing. I woke up a couple of nights ago all excited because I finally came up with a solid ending to my story. Still, nothing will be definite untill I actually see my tale and characters come alive on the page.

I shared some of my ideas with a good friend and he was very excited and enthusiastic. This is a good start and means that my story is at least potentially interesting. Tying it all together is the real challenge, though!

My plan is as follows: after I return from California, I have two weeks of my book tour for BAND GEEK. I'm going to concentrate on that and then get down to business on my second book. I'd love to have four or five chapters wrapped up by the end of the year, and then have the story ready to go sometime in 2013. Given how long it took me to get BAND GEEK out there, this is a tall order, but I have confidence that I can do it. So stay tuned for more news about my next novel!

Please read and review my first novel REVENGE OF A BAND GEEK GONE BAD, now only 99 cents on Kindle!

No comments:

Post a Comment